|6 Months Ended
Jun. 30, 2014
|Equity Method Investments and Joint Ventures [Abstract]
Following its earn-in to the Bootheel Project in 2009, Jet Metals Corp (“Jet Metals”), formerly Crosshair Energy Corporation, was required to fund 75% of the Project’s expenditures and the Company the remaining 25%. The Project has been accounted for using the equity accounting method with the Company’s proportionate share of the Project’s loss included in the Statement of Operations since the date of earn-in and the Company’s net investment is reflected on the Balance Sheet. Under the terms of the operating agreement, the Company elected not to participate financially for the year ended March 31, 2012 which reduced the Company’s ownership percentage to approximately 19%. The equity accounting method has been continued because of the Company’s ability to directly influence the budget process and therefore the operations of the Project. The Company resumed participation financially as of the project year ended March 31, 2013.
The entire disclosure for equity method investments and joint ventures. Equity method investments are investments that give the investor the ability to exercise significant influence over the operating and financial policies of an investee. Joint ventures are entities owned and operated by a small group of businesses as a separate and specific business or project for the mutual benefit of the members of the group.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/presentationRef